The Red Cross is mandated by congress to provide disaster relief assistance, but we are not funded by the government to provide these resources. Therefore, we are heavily dependent on the generosity of our donors to keep the mission going, helping families effected by disasters every day in our communities.
We are looking for volunteers interested in learning more about nonprofit fundraising, donor research and how our mission supports communities. If you are interested in joining our team and using your skills to enhance our overall development program for the Red Cross, then please click here to apply for the Development: Fundraising Administration Volunteer position and join the team.
Volunteer Role Description:
- Assist with research and administrative projects that help fulfill fundraising needs and annual fundraising goal.
- Conducts research of potential donors including company's key contacts, charitable giving history, wealth markers, areas of giving, and contact information.
- Conducts research on relationships between prospects and potential board connections.
- Assists with gift processing, including daily gift log, bundling, and mailing gifts to processing center. Provides information to Relationship Manager or Stewardship Volunteer for follow-up.
- Prepare donor presentations using PowerPoint and Word.
- Assists with sending mailings such as event mailings (invitations), disaster solicitation mailings during national disaster, and donor mailings for end-of-year solicitation.
- Provides general office assistance as related to development, including photocopying, as well as assisting with projects and other duties as assigned.